The purpose of the Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network (DCSCRN) is to promote the study, research and analysis of natural, technological and social disasters with a view to contributing to the development of disaster-resilient European communities and preventing or mitigating the human, economic, social, cultural and psychological effects of disasters.
We propose to achieve our scientific and social policy goals through:
- the organization of sessions during the biannual conferences of the European Sociological Association (ESA)
- the organization of interim conferences
- the organization of European sessions at other international social science conferences
- the publication of an electronic newsletter and
- the establishment of a webpage.
Welcome to the DCSCRN website.