Dear members and colleagues of the Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network,
We would like to attract your attention to this year’s DCSCRN Midterm Conference. The interim conference is organized in collaboration with the Rector’s Office, the Sociology of Work Laboratory and the Laboratory for Social-Cultural Digital Documentation of the Aegean University and will be held in Mytilene on the island of Lesvos (Greece), on 13-14 September 2012.
The principal purpose of this mid-term conference will be to explore the various social impacts of the Eurozone debt crisis. Specifically, papers, power-point presentations and works in progress are invited on the following topics:
- The Political-economy of the EZ Crisis
- The EZ Crisis, Unemployment and Poverty
- The EZ Crisis, Migration/Return Migration and Racism
- The EZ Crisis, Anomie, Mass Violence and Crime
- The EZ Crisis and the Welfare State (Health , Education, Housing etc.)
- The EZ Crisis, Businesses and Tourism
- The EZ Crisis and the “Green Economy”
- The EZ Crisis, Social Protest and the Civil Society (e.g. indignados movements)
- The EZ Crisis and its Impact on Demographic Behavior, Family and Personal relations
- The EZ Crisis, New Social Structures, New Social Institutions and New Identities in Member States and the European Union
The Organizing Committee is also open to submission of abstracts on other social impacts of the debt crisis.
For further information, please see http://www.dcscrn.org/interim-
- Abstract Submission: 30 April 2012
- Paper Acceptance: 15 May 2012
- Registration: 30 June 2012
- Completed papers: 31 August 2012
We hope you will all distribute this call in your networks.
On behalf of the Coordinating Committee in RN8 ‘Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network’
Best regards from
Nina Blom Andersen, DCSCRN Vice Coordinator