M. Pasini, LABOS FOUNDATION FOR SOCIAL POLICY STUDIES, Rome, Italy
This is a project of research committed by the Ministry of Wealthfare (started July 2010, end in July 2011), for the reconstruction of the social fabric through sports in the secondary school of L’Aquila after the earthquake of the 6th of April 2009.
- promote an awareness campaign among people of different agesfocusing on the importance of physical activities for the creation of strong relations and social events;
- underline the central role of the youngest and a good use of the spare time;
- study the effects that this project would have upon the attitudes of the participantsin a context of social share.
Phases: workshops “Sport and more”, final event “Sport and its stories”.
Together with sport activities, there will be some meetings for each sports and their purpose will be the creation of products related to the activities taken into consideration. The production will be built through communication and representations laboratories (art, theatre, video-photography, interviews) in order to create a relation among corporeity and collective memory and an approach to competences for its active learning, social character and sense of community. The intent of the study is to reach out how sports could modify and impact on the reconstruction of the social net and its attitudes in context of reference.
We will present the final report:
- results attended: a good frequency (about 80%) of the activities and an increase of the relationships of the 30% circa for the subjects take into consideration;
- monitoring and valuation instruments: questionnaire in two steps (initial and final phase) on pilot group (240 persons) and privileged and significanttestimony (160), survey on empirical/qualitative data produced in laboratories (competence approach). We will allow to have a descriptive analysis of phenomenon and a comparison among who have always practice a physical activity and whom that gave up after the earthquake.